- Presented at a library conference (librarians rock!).
- Did two school visits (kids rock, too!).
- Attended the AGM of the Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia.
- Talked to a university student doing research on literature and Canadian identity.
- Sold books at a homeschooler’s conference.
- Hosted my YA book club’s pot luck.
- Hung out with a good friend from high school I hadn’t seen in a while, and laughed so hard it hurt.
- Spent hours on the phone with Apple, without actually fixing my problems.
- Went to the dentist.
- Consulted with a cross-border accountant.
- Endured back spasm. Watched a lot of Netflix without moving my neck.
- Interviewed for a Nexus card, just in time to cross the border.
- Crossed the border
- Flew to Austin
- Got briefly lost driving to San Antonio
- Ate the world’s best crab cake (more on that later)
- Helped my Grandma clean out her spice cupboard (a lot more fun than it sounds!)
- Flew to Denver
- Climbed around Red Rocks Amphitheatre, saw James Taylor’s guitar, got absolutely drenched
- Hung out with the American branch of the family on the Fourth of July
- Flew home with an American cold virus
“Taking a month off” is clearly not a concept I grasp… Perhaps I aimed too high. For the rest of the summer, my revised goal shall be “go outside when the sun is shining.”
Speaking of which… *goes outside*
What have you been up to for the last few weeks? Share in the comments!