No, really. Shockingly good. Which was a surprise, considering that literally the only ingredients I did NOT substitute were the salt and baking soda.
Try them. You’ll never believe they’re allergen-free.
- 1 1/3 cups Spectrum 100% palm oil shortening
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup xylitol
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 4 Tbsp water)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2.5 cups Robin Hood gluten free flour blend
- Krisda sugar-free chocolate chips to taste
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Mix flax and water and set aside to gel
- Blend shortening with coconut sugar and xylitol
- Add flax eggs, vanilla, soda, salt, and xanthan gum
- Add two cups of flour, then chocolate chips to taste
- Add remaining flour until the dough is soft, but not sticky to touch
- Drop by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet bake 8-10 minutes
Do you have a favourite cookie recipe? Any tips for allergen-free baking? Share in the comments!