Saturday is UN International Day of Forests!
Here’s everything you need to know about my International Day of Forests Twitter Party!
When it is?
Saturday, March 21, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Eastern Time.
Do I have to have a Twitter account?
Nope! Twitter is 100% public and free. You can view all of the content I will be posting – fun facts, cute photos, links to resources – on my Twitter page:
Note, you will need a Twitter account to enter the giveaway. More on that below.
Will any other authors be there?
I’m on Twitter: how can I participate?
Like, tweet, comment, retweet! The more the merrier.
#IntlForestDay is the official hashtag for the UN event. You can also email forest-themed photos to IDF@fao.org for possible inclusion in the UN’s official Day of Forests gallery.
And, of course, you can enter to win the giveaway!
How can I enter to win the exclusive Day of Forests Prize Pack?
Contest Begins: March 21, 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Contest Ends: March 21, 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
- One prize pack will be awarded, including 1 copy each of:
- The Boreal Forest, by L. E. Carmichael, illustrations by Josée Bisaillon
- My Forest is Green, by Darren LeBeuf, illustrations by Ashley Barron
- Nature All Around: Trees, by Pamela Hickman, illustrations by Carolyn Gavin
- The Busy Beaver, written and illustrated by Nicholas Oldland
- A Voice for the Spirit Bears, by Carmen Oliver, illustrated by Katy Dockrill
- There are two ways to enter!
- ONE entry for each account that retweets the opening contest post, which will appear on Lindsey’s feed at 1:00PM
- ONE entry for each account that tweets using #KCPKidsLoveTrees
- Entries must be received during the contest period
- Canadian and US shipping addresses only
- No purchase necessary
- Note: Creation of multiple accounts for the purpose of entering a contest is a violation of Twitter Rules – anyone found to be using multiple accounts will be disqualified.
Note, the Day of Forests Twitter Party prize pack is different than the giveaway I’m running here on the blog – it’s just for people who participate in the Twitter event. If you don’t want to be on Twitter, be sure to enter the blog contest below!
And remember, you can’t catch a virus from Twitter – this is the perfect bookish/educational activity for anyone in self-isolation or who’s social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hope to see you there!
Next week, I’ll be sharing another deleted scene from the first draft of The Boreal Forest. In the meantime, don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter, and to contact me if you have a copy of The Boreal Forest in need of an autographed book plate (book plate offer valid until June 12).