So, how’s everyone doing out there?
Frustrated? Exhausted? Burnt out?
Yeah. Me too. I’ve been trying to figure out why I’m so tired – usually after I realize I’ve been staring into the middle distance for an unknown number of minutes while my brain was temporarily out of service. Then I realized that it’s been a really, really busy 18 months over here:
- I launched The Boreal Forest.
- I planned two book tours – the original in-person version and the “Woah, I guess I have to learn how to livestream” version.
- I wrote the resource guide for the Million Tree Project.
- I wrote the first draft of a teacher’s guide for a super-cool palaeontology project.
- I wrote my first picture book – and got an agent!!
- I co-wrote a novel.
- I wrote three or four grant applications – I honestly don’t remember which.
- I developed a dozen new presentations, and gave them a whole lot of times.
- I filmed a whole lot of video.
- I attended two virtual conferences and took three virtual courses.
That is… a ridiculously heavy workload for a year without a pandemic. Given the current state of the universe, it crosses over into the absurd.
I need a rest. I’m betting you do too. Let’s agree to spend a few weeks outside, sitting in the shade with a good book and a tall iced tea. We’ll meet back here in July. Or August. Could go either way. 😉
Take care of yourselves, everyone. And get your vaccines – if Fox Cousteau can do it, so can you.